Parent Support Group
Our Mission: Support the school and enrich the school life of our Shuqunites.
Our Vision: Forged a strong partnership between school and parents.
Our Motto: Serve with ICARE (Integrity, Care, Adaptability, Respect and Excellence)
PSG Executive Committee
To find out more about PSG (Speech by Mdm Chew Kia Huey)
Join us in getting more involved in your child’s life! Click below!
PSG Involvement and Activities
Our dedicated members work closely with school with a common goal of making it a great place for our children to learn and play. It is also a platform for parents to network and support one another. Click below!
Some of the activities that we are involved in are as follows:
- Children’s Day
- Racial Harmony Day
- Teachers’ Day
- Singapore Youth Festival
- St Francis of Assisi (SFA) Farewell
- P1 Orientation
- Used Textbook Collection
- Reading Programmes
Parent Volunteer Scheme
1. Apart from joining the Parent Support Group, parents can also volunteer in the school as part of MOE’s Primary One (P1) Phase 2B Registration.
2. Under the ruling of MOE Primary One P1 Registration Exercise, a parent can volunteer in the school to qualify for Phase 2B if the child is a Singapore citizen or a Permanent Resident.
3. The registration stage for a child whose parent would like to join the school as a parent volunteer is between 1 April and 30 June of the year preceding the P1 registration year.
4. The parent has to complete at least 40 hours of voluntary service from 1 July of the preceding year to 30 June in the P1 registration year. After the 40 hours of voluntary service is performed, the child will be eligible for the phase 2B registration exercise and places will be allocated subject to vacancies available.
5. MOE P1 registration consists of Phase 1, 2A(1), 2A(2), 2B, 2C and 2C Supplementary; at the end of Phase 2A(2), 50% of the remaining places will be allocated for phase 2B and the other 50% for Phase 2C registrants in a school. In the event when there are more parent volunteers than allocated vacancies in Phase 2B, balloting will be carried out to allocate these vacancies to ensure fairness. Singapore citizens will be given priority should balloting be required.
6. Please refer to MOE website for more details regarding the P1 Registration processes.
7. If you are interested in signing up as a parent volunteer, please complete the attached form and submit it with the copies of the relevant documents to the school office.
8. The school office will then contact you regarding the application and make an appointment for an interview.
9. The selection of the Parent Volunteers is dependent on the school needs and priorities. Please note that while the school may receive and interview all applications, not all applicants may be selected.
10. The deployment of parent volunteers in the school is dependent on the school needs. This would be arranged with the parents with sufficient notice given each time before their services are required.